Saturday, August 20, 2005

Journey Thru North Dakota

I returned to ND this week, doing another world-wind tour of the state similar to the one that I did earlier this year. This week’s tour and talks were focused upon SE ND. Mike Martin, a banker and ED enthusiast, and I toured some wonderful communities, met some incredible people, gave six talks and left reluctantly but with a warm place in my heart for the state. I wasn’t disappointed as I’d had a similar, great time in April when I’d done a similar trip in W ND.

I’ll be blogging over the next week about some of my experiences of this trip. You’re going to love some of the people I met who are breathing life into their communities with their work and dedication. Some of the entrepreneurs I’m going to introduce you to include two ladies who’ve developed a business selling painted cookies over the internet, a trash hauler who’s developed a backhaul business turning branches into energy, a town of 200 that bought a NJ company and moved the production to ND, a sustainable farming couple, me playing tennis at Wimbledon, and many other great adventures. I think that you are going to enjoy what I’ve found in this week’s journey.

No comments: