Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Bless My Bloomin Cookies

“We’ve sold to 46 of the 50 states since we started in December last year,” was how Elise Nylander explained their growth to me. I couldn’t understand how you could possibly sell enough cookies to keep Elise and her partner Julie Ussatis employed along with 4 others making cookies in Enderlin, ND, a town of 947. But they quickly convinced me when I saw their cookies and learned of their marketing plans.

“We do 70% of our business over the internet and only do 30% on a local basis.” They also changed their original plan of stamping the cookies and instead hand-paint each one. They make bouquets of their cookies baking them on sticks. Don’t you love the one that they did for me below?

It took them two years of experimenting in a church basement kitchen to figure out how to get everything right. But now they are rolling! Midwest Living Magazine was there earlier in the week interviewing them for a story that will run later in the fall.

They are now doing fund raisers with pizza slice cookies that they guarantee to stay fresh for four weeks. Future plans are to franchise their idea. Check out their website at www.blessmybloomincookies.com and order yourself a bouquet.

1 comment:

BoomtownUSA said...

Emil-
I'm not sure why you couldn't access their website. If this address does not work you can find them through google.com by typing in "Bless My Bloomin Cookies"

http://www.blessmybloomincookies.com/