Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Enthusiasm for VLJ’s (Very Light Jets)

Here are excerpts from a typical email that I get after my talks. This one is from a talk I gave last week.

Mr. Schultz, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time and effort to visit Delphi last Thursday. I came away from the presentation with a renewed vigor that we are on the right track for Delphi and Carroll County. I have been reading in you book over the weekend and find it hard to put down (even with the power of positive thinking, I did not win one at the meeting so purchased it at Rural King the next day) and hope to finish it this week. The can do spirit really does work and I feel that has been helpful for me my entire life. We will succeed in Delphi and maybe we'll be an Agurb success story in your next edition.

In your presentation, you mentioned how much of an influence that the VLJ's (very light jets) will make in our air transportation system in the coming years. I, as manager of the Delphi Municipal Airport, have urged our airport board to prepare for this and have joined forces with Indiana's very own effort in the Small Aircraft Transportation System (SATS). I know you mentioned that you were familiar with NASA's program but it is expanding to include a number of SATS laboratories around the country to study how the system will work.

Indiana's effort is the fifth charted one in the nation and our task is to develop the economic outlook for the program. I'm sure you will learn more about SATS this spring as the 5 year program draws to a close and the technology demonstration occurs in Danville, VA. While NASA will not continue with the funding in the future, their goal is just to incubate the process; there will be quite an investment by the private sector, state government, and academia. We really will be able to travel from doorstep to destination in just a couple of hours and this will make small communities just an accessible to business as the large urban areas. Thank you again for your presentation, we'll always remember it

It is great to see this type of “Can Do” spirit from the agurbs®. My goal is to reach at least one person with each talk, helping to change the world for the better one person at a time.

No comments: