Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wind Power

One of the trends I’m seeing in my travels around the country is the growth of wind power. Several companies are making an effort to utilize wind in their operations, viewing it as a long term renewable resource.

One such firm is Coldwater Creek, located in Sandpoint, ID, and a firm that I often use in my talks about entrepreneurs helping to transform communities. The company was started by Dennis and Ann Pence after they moved from NJ to Sandpoint for quality of life issues, like getting stuck in the Holland Tunnel for the 17th time.

My wife’s recent catalog had a card in it from Dennis Pence informing his customers that as of August 2006 100% of Coldwater Creek’s U. S. facilities are being powered by wind power through the purchase of renewable wind-energy certificates.

I think that you will see others follow their lead, helping to grow this burgeoning wind power industry.

No comments: