Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Bankers as Heroes

Bankers as heroes? You’re probably wondering where I’m going with this blog today. Bankers aren’t usually known for their heroic efforts but rather as the person that you have to go plead with for a loan. But, in the past week I’ve met two who have altered their communities with their efforts in Gulfport, MS and Paducah, KY. Please read their stories on April 25th and May 1st.

My experience is that bankers tend to be risk adverse. You don’t tend to get ahead in the business by doing risky things like both George Schloegel or Joe Frampton did, but because of their actions and commitments both Gulfport and Paducah are much better communities.

I’d like to report on other bankers who have made heroic decisions like those two. If you know of such cases, would you mind emailing them to me at
jschultz@agracel.com.

No comments: