Sunday, June 25, 2006

Connecting to Your Customers

Every Sunday, Laura from Dakota Cabin Quilts sends out an informative ezine newsletter about shows that they are attending, new quilting patterns and general info on Laura and Wesley’s two children Mathew and Micaela. I’m not a quilter but my wife is and has become a big fan of their quilting store. She calls them the best that she has seen and after doing over 40 quilts, she is my quilting expert.

I was in Hettinger, ND (population 1,307) a year ago and was so impressed with what Laura and Wesley have been able to build in a remote area of ND. Hettinger is the largest town for a 40 mile radius, so developing a retail store specializing in a tiny market like quilting requires selling beyond the normal trade area of a typical store and required innovatively thinking “outside of the box.” The innovation was the Internet and Laura and Wesley have built a great business by using the Internet to connect to their customers all over the USA and world.

I’m not a quilter myself, but I enjoy reading their ezine each Sunday. Sign up for it and see for yourself.

No comments: