Thursday, June 23, 2005

Entrepreneur of the Year

Tonight I got a call from Coleen Phillips, VP of Marketing for Agracel, from Chicago where she was attending the Ernst and Young Illinois Entrepreneur of the Year Award. I’m out in Washington doing a talk to the Washington Association of Cities and couldn’t make the travel plans work to get back for the awards ceremony. Coleen let me know that I won the award for Illinois, which is quite a nice honor.

However, as I told my team back at Agracel in an email this evening, “Even though my name is on it, it is truly a team effort and couldn’t have happened without the effort of each of you. Thanks for all that you do. You are the best!” It is a wonderful experience for me to get a chance to work with this great team. I hope that each of you who read this blog get a chance to meet all of them one day.

No comments: