Monday, October 11, 2004

Why I'm Doing a Blog

In the past six months I’ve given almost 100 talks in over 20 states on my book Boomtown USA, talking about why the trend of people out of the rat race toward the agurbs® (agurb®- a prospering rural town with a tie to agriculture and a location outside an MSA) is one that will lift many small towns upward. It is a message that has resonated with many people and I’ve gotten a chance to talk and email numerous people.

My hope is that this blog will enhance those discussions and allow many more people to begin to discuss this trend and discuss ways that their towns can take advantage of it. I’m hopeful that a dialog on new ideas for economic development will allow many more communities to move into the ranks of the agurbs®, creating unique new opportunities for many people in every community.

Let me know what you think. I’d love to hear from each of you.

No comments: