Friday, March 16, 2007

Come Back Home

Jerry Sloan, head coach of the Utah Jazz, was a basketball star at McLeansboro High School, Evansville, IN University and was the first draft choice ever of the Chicago Bulls. Even though he achieved great success at numerous levels in basketball, he and his wife Bobbye, also a McLeansboro native, never forgot their hometown of 2,945 in southern Illinois.

I was in McLeansboro doing a tour and talk. One project, Kids Kingdom Playground, really caught my eye during my tour. Chris Howton who was one of my tour guides told me, “That project happened because of the Jerry & Bobbye Sloan Foundation. They provided the funds for the equipment and 8,600 people worked over a three day period to build it last year
Isn’t it nice to see what people working together are able to accomplish?

No comments: