Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Calendars Promoting Towns/Kids

I picked up the Cooperative Calendar of Student Art at the Indiana Statewide Association of Rural Electrical Cooperatives Annual Meeting. After my talk I asked Richard Biever, Senior Editor for Electric Consumer of the coop about the calendar.

“We have 19 of our electric coops that use the calendars. We get art work from school kids from all over the state, have a judging and pick one per class from kindergarten through 12th grade. The kindergarten winner is shown on the cover, first grade is January, second is February; all the way to the senior winner is December. We do about 60,000/year and award cash prizes to the winning artists.”

The next day I received a package of wonderful pralines from Aunt Aggie De’s in Sinton, TX. I was in Sinton in 2005 giving a talk and got a great tour of the town with Eleanor Harren who founded and owns Aunt Aggie De’s. She included the Sinton Main Street Historical Calendar in my package. The cover is a photo of the Sinton Main Street in 1949 and each month has a different historical photo from the town archives.

Could you use a calendar to help promote your town?

No comments: