Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nowhere or Now Here?

“You know if you change one space in the Nowheresvilles that you talk about, you’d get a completely different interpretation,” someone asked me after my talk at the Indiana Statewide Association of Rural Electrical Cooperatives Annual Meeting titled Energizing our Blue Ribbon Communities. He was referring to my reference to the national media considering some places to be “out in the middle of nowhere.”

He continued, “You don’t even have to change a letter. All you have to do is add a space in Nowhere after the ‘w’, and you get Now Here! How can we change the concept of rural America to the happening place?”

He had a great idea and I wish that I had caught his name in the crush of signing books, but I didn’t. I hope that he reads this blog. He has a great idea!

No comments: