Thursday, September 08, 2005

Entrepreneurism into Grade School

“We developed an entrepreneurial program for the schools within four months,” Bernie Stankewicz, Assistant Superintendent of the St. Joseph County Schools told me during my session on Hometown Entrepreneurs: Your New Paradigm Shift in Economic Development. I was in Centreville, MI last week giving a series of talks and touring several of the towns in the county.

The curriculum that Stankewicz was talking about is aimed at career planning for young people. One of the modules deals with how to start a new business, another on accessing risk and another on evaluating your entrepreneurial tendencies.

I’m seeing more educational programs geared toward entrepreneurism and believe that it is a wave of the future. I was glad to see St. Joseph County on the cutting edge of this movement.

No comments: